Sunday, December 14, 2008

Divine gift bags

Challenge 12 is here and at this rate I may be done well before my end of year time line. However, once again I have been side tracked. I was all set to finish my day care mum's gift when Dan posted this gorgeous purse shaped gift box on his blog. I made one and showed my daughter and she immediately had the great idea of making these for her little friends. So here they are:




The svg file is available as this week's freebie on Dan's blog. I don't have a 12x24 mat and so these are cut on my Cricut using a 12x12 inch mat. This is the largest box you could cut on this size mat but it is a perfect size for a few chocolates. Make them for your work mates and put in some ferrero rocher chocolates or some home made fudge, make them for the teen girls in the family and put in some lip gloss or nail polish. A great file and a nifty little bag which is so easy to put together.

I have used a range of papers, we chose ones that were heavier weight papers. These are mostly Basic Grey and American Crafts, the Christmas one is Kaisercraft.

Now to find an equally cool box to make something for the boys she is friends with, anyone got any great ideas? Then I really must finish the gift for my daughter's day care mum!

1 comment:

Libby Dyson said...

these are really lovely Ruth
Libby