Tuesday, January 20, 2009

KI Memories Lace cardstock

I have been working on my technique notes for the March Scrapaholix kits. I have been having fun with the lace cardstock by KI Memories If only there was enough time in the day to try everything that is running through my mind - and yikes I have to go back to my regular job next week after being on maternity leave for nearly a year!

I am pleased to announce that I have eventually managed a layout of Lucy! 14 more to go by the end of February if I am to meet my goal.

This layout uses KI Memories lace cardstock and chalk to create a subtle pattern on the background paper. I hand painted the photo mat as I didn't have the right shade of lavender Bazzill. I used a dry brush to paint the border and while it is straight I wasn't aiming for a perfect line so it is freehand. The chalk gives a very subtle colour and pattern to the background and is therefore hard to see in the photo, it is a little more obvious irl.

1 comment:

Inviting Style by Pick Me Paper Designs said...

I am also loving the lace cardstock! It's so pretty and unique. :)